NBCUniversal is able to create and distribute more content to more devices than ever before because of the widespread adoption of cloud and IP technologies across its Network Origination and Media Operations Centers.
It has provided viewers with more immersive content alternatives, from traditional broadcasting to social media live streaming to mixed reality experiences.
In order to speed up the production, distribution, and monetization of immersive content, NBCUniversal has partnered with Cisco® Media Blueprint, which is a combination of IP-based infrastructure and software solutions.
To date, Cisco IP Fabric for Media has been instrumental in facilitating the migration from the serial digital interface (SDI) to IP technology, virtualizing media workflows in Media Operations Centers based on the Cisco Media Data.
Center solution, and manage video distribution over terrestrial IP using the Cisco Virtual Digital Content Manager (DCM) and the Cisco D9800 Network Transport Receiver platform.
NBCUniversal’s Chief Technical Officer and Executive Vice President of Engineering, Operations, and Technology Keith Jackson called IP the “video distribution mechanism of the future,” saying it will efficiently transmit video in all formats to all screens while maintaining quality.
Using automation and virtualization, “our work with Cisco to construct the Media Factory has established our roadmap to an IP transition.” Dave Ward, Cisco’s CTO of Engineering and chief architect, said, “Cisco and NBCUniversal continue to drive innovation together.”
Over the years, we have broken new ground in the broadcast industry by developing innovative applications and software-led processes for live production and post-production workflows, among other firsts.
Cisco is developing the next-generation network platform with simplified, automated, and virtualized networking capabilities using state-of-the-art software, hardware, silicon, and services.
This allows service providers, media firms, and digital enterprises all over the world to cut expenses, shorten time to market, improve network security, and maintain profitable growth.
The Director, of IT Operations, primarily manages the day-to-day IT functions of the Youth and Recreational Sports vertical of NBC Sports Next. It is expected that the person in this position will also participate in the NBC Sports Next IT Leadership Team.
Business engagement and enablement, direct supervision of the Information Technology team (including resource scheduling), compliance with IT governance and technical policy and procedures (including asset management), and so on and so forth are all part of the job description.
In addition, we provide direct assistance and help create documentation for end users.
Functions at the Core:
- Candidates need to be familiar with the e-commerce and manufacturing sectors, have strong communication skills, perform well under pressure, and be able to diagnose and solve hardware, software, and network problems in an innovative manner.
- Management of the IT department as a whole, encompassing personnel and performance evaluations, coaching, setting departmental priorities, IT project management, IT service delivery, and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Management of SportsEngine’s business engagement and business enablement is your responsibility.
Act as a business partner to departments all throughout the organization (S&C, FP&A, MAR, PROD, etc.).
Learn NBCUniversal’s and its affiliates big-picture business goals and day-to-day operations.
- In this role, you’ll be working closely with the SportsEngine team and the internal and NBCU Operations teams to ensure that our client’s needs are met and that our infrastructure and network are functioning optimally.
- Use the combined resources of NBCU and Comcast to their fullest potential, maximizing things like synergy, technology scale, lowest ownership economics, and effective talent sharing.
- Offer programs and projects in both long-term and short-term strategic and operational directions.
Take charge of, or at least work along with NBCU on, key supplier partnerships.
- Assist with the research and incorporation of new technologies into existing businesses.
manage and impose norms, guidelines, and processes.
- Manage and take part in all aspects of the IT helpdesk, including incident and service request management, and all related tools and processes.
- Manage laptops/devices, software, backup, security, IT inventories, and VoIP phone solutions under the purview of client services.
- Create and maintain systems for tracking identities and permissions.
- Connect/collaborate, content creation, user productivity, and file/content management are just some of the collaboration and user productivity solutions you’ll be responsible for managing.
- Manage office supplies, office equipment, event setup and management, security and access control systems, printing options, and other facility-related tasks.
- Maintain a cutting-edge knowledge of technology, and steer the IT technical environment in the right direction by laying out a road map and a maintenance plan for it.
- Utilize metrics and performance monitoring to pinpoint areas of improvement in IT delivery and support (automation, proactive monitoring, documentation, etc.).
- Maintain daily operations and lead the team.
- Take part in the development, planning, and administration of the IT spending budget.
- Insist on nothing less than a first-rate performance from your partners and suppliers, and that includes binding contracts.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline is highly desired.
- You need to have managed an IT support or operations team for at least five years.
Experience managing a network, clients, and/or systems and/or software for a combined total of five years or more is necessary. Possess excellent teamwork, communication, and prioritization abilities with a strong focus on satisfying customers.
• Proven ability to prioritize, plan, and execute many projects or portfolios simultaneously.
Ability to put service management methods and tools (ServiceNow) into action.
Possessing superior reasoning, creative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Superb abilities in communicating with and persuading corporate stakeholders.
Eligibility Requirements To be considered, candidates must submit a résumé or curriculum vitae to www.nbcunicareers.com and be available to work in Orlando, Florida.
Who We Are
A major motion picture firm, large television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-famous theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service are just a few of the more than 20 businesses owned and operated by NBCUniversal in more than 30 countries.
In this place, you are free to be who you really are. Comcast NBCUniversal is committed to diversity and inclusion as a corporation with a special ability to inform, engage, and inspire audiences across our various channels.
We’re committed to creating a work environment where all employees from any background may feel safe, appreciated, and heard. As a company, we think it’s important to hire people that reflect the neighborhoods where we live so that we can keep producing media that accurately portray the world as it is today.
To read about Comcast NBCUniversal’s efforts and the difference we’re making, please visit this page.